AEM Water/Methanol Injection Kit (1 Gallon), 30-3300
The on-demand progressive controller in AEM’s Boost Dependent PN30-3300 Water/Methanol Injection kit bases injection flow on manifold pressure using an on-board MAP sensor (up to 35 PSI of boost) to ensure the proper amount of water/methanol injection at all points along an engine’s power curve.
AEM’s engineers spent extensive time developing the controller’s flow control strategy for a more linear flow output delivery. This means that the flow delivery better matches an engine’s need for water/methanol injection, which further optimizes charge air cooling and detonation control.
The new controller design features large, turn-resistant knobs and larger numbering to easily set accurate start and full activation points, with covered status LED and test buttons for added splash resistance. A plug is integrated into the controller housing for mating to the redesigned wiring harness’s positive-lock connector. The Boost Dependent controller housing has a molded-in, barbed nipple to accept a boost hose and a wiring legend on the back, integrated fuse and molded mounting tabs.
AEM’s Boost Dependent Water/Methanol Injection kit’s wiring harness is terminated with a positive-lock connector on one end and has color-coded wires to ease installation. Both the power and ground wires for the pump are included in the harness which simplifies the wiring process and eliminates any chance of the pump accidentally activating from a short in the system. An additional wire is included for adding an optional on/off solenoid to stop fluid flow when the system is inactive.
AEM’s Boost Dependent, PN 30-3300 gasoline Water/Methanol Injection System’s compact 1 gallon tank includes a high tech conductive low fluid level indicator with a positive lock connector and color matched wires to the wiring harness.
- Boost Dependent controller features on-board MAP sensor with large adjustment knobs, integrated plug for harness connection, integrated fuse, covered status light and test button for enhanced splash resistance and mounting tabs
- Wiring harness is terminated with a positive-lock connector on one end with color-coded wires to ease installation, power and ground wires for the pump and additional wire for optional on/off fluid solenoid
- “Boost Safe” failsafe output included (for complete failsafe under all conditions, see Water/Methanol Failsafe Device)
- Internally-bypassed water/methanol injection pump does not cycle on an off and provides quiet, smooth operation. It features robust construction including integral hose fittings, EPDM seals and a Santoprene diaphragm that provides consistent and reliable fluid delivery
- Precision-machined billet-aluminum injector with integral check valve
- Three interchangeable injector nozzles to cover a wide variety of HP levels (250cc/min, 500 cc/min & 1,000cc/min)
- 1 gallon tank with integral conductive low-fluid sensor and positive lock connector (tank-less water/methanol gas systems available, AEM Part #30-3302 includes controller with on-board 35 PSI MAP sensor)
- 20 feet of Nylon injection tubing included
- LED dash light for system status and low fluid warning
Legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway.
Important Safety Notice Regarding Methanol
AEM strongly recommends that users never exceed a 50% methanol concentration when using any AEM Water Methanol system or component.
All AEM Water/Methanol injection systems and components (pump, lines, fittings, filter, flow sensor, tank, and nozzles) are 100% chemically compatible with methanol. However, for safety reasons we strongly recommend that users never use more than a 50% methanol concentration in our systems.
Methanol is a toxic and highly flammable chemical. 100% Methanol ignites easily and burns vigorously with an almost undetectable flame. Methanol can be absorbed through the skin and even small amounts can cause blindness or even death. Using this fluid at high pressures, without dilution, in an under-hood environment with nylon lines and push-to-connect fittings is very unsafe. The performance advantages of using greater than 50% methanol concentrations are small, if they exist at all. However, the safety issues are very real and far outweigh any perceived benefit of running high concentrations of methanol.
Improper installation and/or adjustment of this product can result in major engine/vehicle damage.
Note: AEM holds no responsibility for any engine damage or personal injury that results from the misuse of this product, including but not limited to injury or death caused by the mishandling of methanol.
Note: FOR OPTIMUM RESULTS, ALL WATER/METHANOL INJECTION SYSTEMS AND GAUGES SHOULD BE RUN WITH AN AEM INLINE FILTER (AEM PART #30-3003)